With January just coming to an end, my year has had the best start EVER!
Were or were do I begin....first with Juwann. Juwann has received all of his new toys and hopefully we can work out all the kinks before he heads into high school next year. The first to come in was his brand new power wheelchair with a mouth joy-stick controller. Juwann drove that thing like he has been driving for years! I was so proud of my lil man. His teachers even told us that the other boys in his class wanted a new power chair too.
The tough book came next. This is what is giving us all the kinks! We have had to send it back 3 times to get it fixed. Now with it working again and his laptop getting mounted onto his chair, Juwann is learning to switch from chair to laptop using his joy-stick on his chair. Maneuvering the joystick like a mouse is causing some issues with Juwann but is slowly getting the hang of it.
I remember when Juwann was just a few years old and getting a phamphlet from Grandview Children's Centre that helps all children with special needs. I will never forget this one story...it was about a little boy that just received a keyboard that allowed him to speak and one day he came home and was able to ask his mom about her day. Geesh even now I start to tear up thinking about that story and how that mom must have been in a whirlwind of emotions being able to have a conversation with her son after all these years. With Juwann getting this laptop and learning to use it as his voice is so exciting! And I truly can't wait to have conversations with my little comedian I know he is.
So, with all that going on with us right now...what more can someone ask for right!
Well...to top the month of January off, my boyfriend and I had a weekend in Niagara Falls planned for my birthday. It was indeed a birthday I will remember for the rest of my life. When we arrived in Niagara Friday (after driving 2 hours in a snow storm) we could barely wait to relax. With the only reservations left at our hotel restaurant when we got there, we only had 20 minutes to get dressed. We had a very nice romantic dinner then headed back to our room to have some drinks and get ready to watch some fireworks that the Falls have every Friday night at 9. Just getting comfy in my chair by the big window when my mom texted me..."what are you doing?", I replied with "just waiting for the fireworks to start" and thinking to myself, huh i hope everything is ok at home with Juwann. After the fireworks were over, my boyfriend leaned in and gave me a kiss and told me he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with him. I automatically replied back with the same response but then noticed him swinging his one arm around holding a small box in his hand. He smiled and asked me to marry him.........I just started to cry. After about 10 minutes of getting myself together and saying yes finally after the tears subsided, I finally clued into why my mother was texting me. She had known all along and she and her best friend were sitting at my house waiting to call me.
So, needless to say I am a very lucky and blessed woman and this is the best year of my life so far!
Now to plan a wedding.......let the stress begin :)
No comments:
Post a Comment