Thursday, 9 June 2011

A tribute.

Every morning when I get up I usually have the same routine. I go in and check on Juwann, give him a kiss and turn on his television. Followed by using the washroom and then off to make my tea. Then before I start to get Juwann ready for school, I'll sit on the couch and relax while I enjoy my tea.
Because Juwann is out of school at the moment because of his broken leg, I've had more time to reflect  on my life. And this is what I keep reflecting on..
 I am so grateful to have the greatest group of friends anyone could ask for. While I'm still reading The four walls of my freedom, Donna writes about how lonely she was during many years of Nickolas's youth and although I do share the same feeling often, I am thankful that it gets less often by the days/years...and I owe that to my wonderful friends and my very patient and very loving boyfriend.
The most important relationship I have in my life is my mother. Without her daily help my life would be extremely different. I would be unable to work, or have any kind of social life. She is and always has been my rock! She is not only Juwann's nanny but she is also his second parent! I am the mother I am because of her, and I only wish to continue following her footsteps.
So, this little blog this morning is a tribute to my mother and to all the important people in my life....Juwann and myself would like to thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Jodie, nice tribute to your mom. She's not only a great mom, but the best "sistah friend" anyone could have - I appreciate "the rock" too. She's so proud of you, not only the fabulous mom you are to Juwann, but the beautiful person that we all see and have come to know and love. Juwann, what can I say...so easy to love that kid - there's nothing like his smile and kisses. Thanks for bringing Louie into our lives too, as Ma keeps saying over and over, what a great guy, truly a wonderful man. How nice it is to feel the love and dedication you have for each other. This note was supposed to be about your mom, but as usual, I get babbling. She is the greatest and I love her to death. Auntie Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon but you know you are my rock and Juwann is my reason to keep on going if that little man can keep on smileing that beutiful smile and keep on giving those kisses with all he has gone through I hate to complain about anything... I have two beautiful daughters and three wonderful grandsons and a great family that's been there for me all my life... and Louie you don't know how much i adore you for bringing so much happiness to Jodie and Juwann they both love you soooo much and thats all that matters in this family HAPPINESS.. Hey Auntie Sharon LOVE YOU TO SISTAH

    ReplyDelete